Mrs J Hornsby
The Curriculum at Salendine Nook
At both KS3 and KS4, the curriculum is underpinned by our whole school values
Our curriculum aims:
- To allow all students the opportunity to achieve the highest levels of success in the individual programmes of study.
- To provide the necessary depth of knowledge in a broad range of subjects both academic and technical/ vocational, which best prepare students for community and society, further education and training and the workplace. The best knowledge transcends the everyday, it is typically abstract and rarefied and not picked up through the everyday (Walker 2019).
- To ensure our students are valued for their individuality and heritage and with us develop an appropriate understanding of religion, ethical and philosophical issues and personal, social, health and economic issues. This will support our students in becoming thoughtful, responsible, informed members of the local, national and international community.
- To provide first class opportunities which enable all students to grow and develop resilience, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- To allow our students to pursue hobbies and interests beyond the curriculum which may stay with them for the rest of their lives.
- To enable our students to acquire the physical, mental and emotional attributes to be self-sufficient and resiliant in an ever-changing world.